Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
Amherst College, cum laude, A.B.
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Trust and Estates Consortium
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Director, The Common Foundation, a literary journal in partnership with Amherst College
On A More Personal Note
Emma loves being outdoors, especially near the ocean, and spending time with her husband, chasing after their three young children, Henry, Sam and Maggie.
Emma’s practice focuses on working with families and individuals on a variety of issues and concerns related to preserving, enhancing, and transferring family wealth. With sensitivity and attention to her client’s interests, she designs and drafts estate plans that minimize federal and state estate, gift and generation skipping transfer taxes, and that maximize and protect the clients’ wealth for each subsequent generation. Emma also works creatively to help clients transfer wealth during life to minimize gift or estate taxes, using a range of strategies including grantor retained annuity trusts, charitable lead and charitable remainder trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts.
Prior to joining HEKB, Emma was an estate planning attorney for more than ten years in Boston, first with Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP and then Hemenway & Barnes LLP.
Emma's clients include families and individuals throughout New England, including multi-generational family trusts. Her counsel includes:
- Working with families on the transition of wealth from one generation to the next, with a focus on legal, financial, and philanthropic objectives
- Administration of estates of varying sizes
- Advising trustees on legal and practical aspects of trust administration